26 & 27 March 2021
Join us on March 26 & 27 for our first bouldering festival – Blocfest GC!
Blocfest is an open competition that anyone can enter. All participants will need to compete in the qualifiers and place high enough to move on to the finals.
There will be guest setters, prize money & spot prizes up for grabs plus party/comp vibes.
- Competition Ticket (all categories): $40 with $5 from every entry going to the overall winners.
Categories (Male & Female):
- Juniors – Under 18’s
- Masters – 40 years and over
(Ages are as of competition date)
How to Enter:
Tickets can be purchased from the gym or over the phone (07 5689 0606). Registrations close on Monday, 22 March 2021.
If you purchased a ticket for the postponed Blocfest 2020 event & cannot attend the new competition dates, then please contact us by email by 1 March 2021.
QUALIFIERS – Friday 26 March 2021 – 4pm to 9pm:
- Each competitor attends the qualifiers at any time from 4pm to 9pm.
- There will be a total of 12 problems in the qualifier round.
- Each competitor chooses a maximum of 6 boulders. Once a boulder has been attempted, it cannot be changed.
- Scoring is an honesty system with points for each problem displayed on the start hold of each climb. Extra point for a flash.
- Competitors have 5 minutes to attempt the problem with unlimited rest between boulders.
- The highest scoring 6 Men and 6 Female across the qualifiers will progress to the finals on Saturday. Results will go up at 9.30pm Friday night on our socials.
FINALS - Saturday 27 March 2021 - 4pm to 7.30pm:
- The top 6 ranking of both overall Male and Female enter the finals & compete in 4 problems each.
- Competitors have 4 minutes per boulder with isolation between problems.
- The highest amount of tops will determine the overall winners. In the event of a draw, the winner will be determined by zones then attempts.
- Prizes will be handed out at the conclusion of all finals on Saturday, including spot prizes.
- Spot prize winners must be present on the day otherwise a redraw may occur.
All spectators are welcome for the finals on Saturday 27 March 2021. Bookings will be essential and can be made closer to the event.
The qualifications on Friday 26 March 2021 will be open to competitors only.