We want to assure everyone that we are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely and are responding appropriately.
We have taken extra precautions around the gym as follows:
- Increasing cleaning & disinfecting, including regular cleaning of door handles, change room, gym equipment, bench tops & other popular surfaces;
- Installing a paper towel dispenser beside the wash basin & increasing general cleaning supply stocks & hand soap/sanitiser;
- Hand sanitiser supply on the front desk for everyone to use before starting your climbing or training session;
- Awareness among staff to follow the steps above.
We need to all come together to face this issue as a community. Right now, you can help by:
- Washing your hands carefully & thoroughly before & after entering the gym, climbing or training;
- Sanitising your hands prior to climbing;
- Practicing good sneeze & cough hygiene;
- Staying away from the gym if you feel unwell, have encountered someone at risk from CV19 within the last two weeks, or have been to a high risk area; &
- Avoid touching your face.
How does this affect Blocfest 2020?
Blocfest 2020 will be proceeding as normal.
The gym will be closed Thursday, Friday & Saturday (19th March to 21st March) excluding the times open for the competition on Friday & Saturday evenings (20th & 21st March). This allows our team to strip the walls & thoroughly clean over half of our gyms walls and holds. The competition will see less people through our doors than normal if we were to remain open over this period, and the attendance numbers are significantly under government guidelines.
We have also decided to extend our qualifiers time on Friday, 20th March, by an additional hour of 4pm to 9pm. This will provide our competitors plenty of time to get through everything & help reduce the number of climbers in the gym at once.
As a precaution, if you feel sick in any way please stay home & rest.
The wellbeing & safety of all participants, supporters & our climbing community is our top priority & we will be following advice from authorities & the World Health Organisation, and adapting our responses as and when needed.
We will continue to provide regular updates as the situation evolves.
If you have any questions regarding the above please email us at email@example.com.
To all of our competitors, please keep an eye on your inbox for further information of the running of events for Blocfest 2020.
We thank everyone for their understanding & support.